Elsa- Brändström – grammar school, Hannover
diploma: high school graduation
education for dressmaker at the Atelier of Fashion Behrens, Hannover
Gesellenjahr at the Atelier of Fashion Behrens, Hannover
Gesellenjahre at the Niedersächsisches Staatstheater, Hannover
Gesellenjahr at the atelier for experts at the fashion enterprise Bogner, München
Education for manageress of textiles cutting at the school Müller & Sohn, Hamburg Diploma: manageress of women´s outer garments, final grade: 1,0
1993 Examination for master craftsman´s certificate at the Handwerkskammer (craftsman board) Hannover
Diploma: master craftsman in fashion and design, final grade: 1,7
Freelance with own Atelier Wachs for customization of fashion and for costumes of theatre, Braunschweig
Study of Industrial-Design at university of art Braunschweig
Key aspects of activities: interdisciplinary projects with the departments of Communication – Design and Sciences of Art at the university of art Braunschweig
Diploma: Diplom-Designerin, final grade: 1,0
Theme: „interior – EXTERIOR, The poetry of surface“ –
a design of hand-bag.
Product-Design, interdisciplinary cooperation with Technical University Wilhelmina in Braunschweig: lectures at the linguistic institute for example Research; Exposé for PhD
Interdisciplinary PhD at the University of Art Braunschweig in the following departments: design & social sciences and sciences of art
Title of research work: „Material Mind – Materialgedächtnis, Neue Materialien in Design, Kunst und Architektur“, (Material Mind – New Materials in Design, Art and Architecture)
final grade: magna cum laude – 1,0
Publication in Dr. Kovac publishing house, Hamburg, January 2008
The book “Material Mind” 2008 is written in German language: but the research work is going on and there are some abstracts of this book and other actually research projects on my website – see more at: www.marinawachs.com
Second there will be a revised edition of some part of this book added
Lecturships – Textiles Hogscolan y Borås, Schweden (2008), Academie of Fashion and Design Hamburg and Berlin, Germany (since 2008), University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover, Germany – Department Design and Media (since 2009)
Guest lecture at Royal College of Art London (2019) and next at DK within the Erasmus Stuff Mobility program.
Professorship for Design Theory at Hochschule Niederrhein – Faculty of Textile and Clothing Technology, Mönchengladbach Germany.
- Material and design consulting – Research and Development of materials and materials applications;
- Lectures, workshops and experimental development for elementary schools, high schools, schools of art, universities and enterprises
- Material mediation in theory and practice to link the great three: craftsman – industrial enterprises – sciences.
since 2017 until 02/2022
post doctoral thesis within the field: <interdisciplinary design theory and the material culture<: published in 2022: Design Engineering – sustainable and holistic, Marina-Elena Wachs only in English available at Avedition publishers:
Awards Prof. Dr. Marina-E. Wachs:
- 2019 – member of the jury of Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung, Berlin
- 2019 – nominated for Klaus-Töpfer-Sustainability Fellowship, June 2019, Berlin, IASS Potsdam –
Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies e.V.
- „nominated for Vordenker-Award 2014“, 5. Deutscher Innovations- und Querdenkerkongress, November 2014, Munich.
- „Prize in 2017 for Innovation in education and coaching at the University“ for interdisciplinary, interactive and crosscultural projects with the help of non hirarchical study areas.
- „Lehrpreis 2013 für Innovation in der Lehre und Betreuung an der Hochschule“ u.a. für die interdisziplinäre innerhalb der deutschen und englischsprachigen Studiengänge und semesterübergreifendes Projekt Sustainable /Nachhaltiges Textiles Design.